Maplesoft has released an update to major release of its flagship product, Maple 2017, the mathematical software that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve math problems. Maple 2017.2 is a maintenance update to Maple 2017. It contains a variety of improvements to Maple 2017.
The result of over 30 years of development, Maple already has comprehensive mathematical coverage and extensive usability features, but with continuous development efforts, this release includes a large number of useful improvements that existing customers will welcome.
Maple 2017 provides numerous improvements in mathematical power, visualizations and deployment that will appeal to a variety of users.
As always, there are constant improvements in the mathematical engine, implementing new algorithms and adding more flexibility and efficiency to existing ones. New abilities include finding exact solutions to more PDEs with boundary conditions, finding new limits, solving more integrals, performing new graph theory computations, analyzing data in new ways, and much more.
In addition, with Maple 2017, customers can:
– Extend Maple’s power through user-created packages, with instant, seamless access to a rich collection of packages written by customers and shared in the MapleCloud.
– Construct even complicated plots easily using a redesigned Plot Builder Assistant that makes it even easier to create and customize a wide variety of plots, simply and without knowing a single plot command.
– Password protect Maple documents while still allowing access to the procedures they contain, so users can share their work without sharing their intellectual property.
– Expand their worldview with new map visualization tools and a geographical database for exploring and understanding world data in a highly visual way.
Other enhancements include new visualizations, additional tools to support algorithm and application development, tools to enhance engineering computations, more comprehensive handling of user-supplied assumptions about a mathematical problem, which Maple takes into account when finding solutions , and speed-ups in fundamental computation routines.
Maple 2017.2 Update Details:
Maple 2017.2 is a maintenance update to Maple 2017. It contains a variety of improvements to Maple 2017, including:
– Updated translations for Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and Spanish
– Improvements to the MapleCloud
– Updates to the Physics package
– A variety of improvements to the math engine, including in limits and PDEs
Product: Maplesoft Maple
Version: 2017.2 (build 1247392) Update
System Requirements: PC
Software Prerequisites: Maplesoft Maple 2017.0